Checkouts Feature Request: Change Quantity

ChainsawChainsaw Member Posts: 2

Hello all,
I'm trying to drive more of my payments directly in to wave rather than PayPal and I've recently started experimenting with Wave Checkouts. Visitors to my website today can select from a limited number of quantity options in a drop down field with PayPal. I would prefer to allow my customers to just select their desired quantity.

As a workaround, I can create multiple checkout URLs in Wave, and use javascript to rewrite the checkout button's URL based on a form entry, but that is overly complex, limits the quantity to pages I create, and ultimately shouldn't be necessary.

How difficult would it be to allow business owners to define sane quantity limits on Wave Checkouts URLs, and allow the customer to decide how many they order? It seems like this would be a very simple API call that wouldn't need an API token, or it could be handled on the Wave Checkouts page itself abstracting the API entirely.

We love Wave so far but having to reach out to PayPal customers and ask them to convert to Wave Payments is a huge pain.

Thanks!

edited August 30, 2018 in Wave Features

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

Hi @Chainsaw.

Can you tell me a bit more about your business and the kinds of products or services you offer? Having more specific context about your business always helps.

Thanks for the feedback, and happy to hear you're loving Wave thus far!

• ChainsawChainsaw Member Posts: 2

Hello @Alexia!

Thank you for your interest! I sell managed Linux server hosting which runs on my own hardware. My customers will typically order between 1 and 12 servers per invoice, which is why it would be nice to have a single checkout page where customers can pick the quantity they would like to order. As I said above, I could do some crazy scripting to swap in the right checkouts link for the quantity they select, but that's really crazy.

I would think that anyone selling widgets would appreciate the feature if it could be added.

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,314 admin

That's great feedback, @Chainsaw! Thank you for taking the time to follow up. I'll make sure to bring it to the attention of our product team.

• TheHitLabTheHitLab Member Posts: 3

@Alexia any updates on this? My company is thinking about switching to wave, but can't figure out how to add quality to the checkout?

• BarsinABarsinA Administrator Posts: 874 admin

Hey there @TheHitLab

Unfortunately our checkout feature does not act like an 'e-commerce store' where you can select multiple items per checkout (ie. sm, med, lg, t-shirts under one checkout link). Each link has to be tied to a separate product or service. This is because your checkouts are tied to a single product.