Cannot make credit card payment

spizspiz Member Posts: 1

a client is endeavouring to make a credit card payment and keeps getting the error message for the past hour An unexpected error occured. Try again in a few minutes.

The card is fine,

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Administrator Posts: 3,315 admin

Hi, @spiz.

Can you send me the number of the invoice and the name of your client as a private message? I can look into what happened.

Often, the credit card's issuer can be the culprit. Has your client tried calling their credit card company?

• WillFWillF Member Posts: 1

I have two clients having the same problem , was this resolved ?

Hi, @WillF.

As I mentioned in my last reply, this is often caused by the credit card issuer. If your clients haven't done so already, they should contact their issuer and ask if they can help.

If they've contacted their credit issuer already, I'd be happy to look into this for you, but I'll need more information. Could you send me the names of your clients, as well as their invoice numbers via a private message?

• VickyDsVickyDs Member Posts: 1

Hi there,

This is happening to me too - can I DM you the details?

Thanks!

Hi, @VickyDs.

I sent you a private message, you follow-up with me there!

• RickyallenRickyallen Member Posts: 2

Please I need help

Hi, @Rickyallen. I followed up with you in the other discussion you posted. If you have any questions, please ask them there.

• KCCKCC Member Posts: 1

Hi Alexia, I am also having this problem... "An unexpected error occured. Try again in a few minutes."

Hi @KCC.

I followed up with you through a private message! If you have any further questions, you're welcome to continue the conversation there.

• JessyJessy Member Posts: 1

Hey, i am having the same issue, is there any fix?

• Ryan_WRyan_W Administrator Posts: 374 admin

Hey @Jessy,

Thanks for letting us know; ultimately the same advice from Alexia's posts apply. Your customer needs to contact their credit card issuer to clear this up, as it's an issue with the card itself. Please let me know if you're still having any troubles with it, or if you want to take this into private messages!

• helpmehelpme Member Posts: 1

Hi this is happening for me too,

I have called the card issuer. There is nothing there. I have tried 3 different credit cards and my client has tried 2 cards.

The same message appears "An unexpected error occurred. Try again in a few minutes."

I have been trying for a couple of weeks now.

• JamieDJamieD Administrator Posts: 448 admin

Hey @helpme . If you could please send me a direct message with your email address associated with your business, as well as the invoice number, I would be happy to take a further look to see why your client cannot make a payment on the invoice that was sent to them.

• RunTimeRunTime Member Posts: 2

It's very nice to have the clean design and ability for clients to pay by credit card but it's useless if the payment gateways doesn't work!!

My client is getting this error whenever they try to pay by card.

"An unexpected error occured. Try again in a few minutes.”

It seems lots of other people are having the same problem so it can't be the issuer for everyone.

Wave please investigate and get this fixed because you have great software which I love but it needs to work.

Thank you

• RunTimeRunTime Member Posts: 2

For those of you who are having problems - log into your strip account and check the transaction logs.

I did this and found that the error code was "insufficient funds" which is not the fault of wave.

• Zoe_caff1Zoe_caff1 Administrator Posts: 81 admin

Hey @RunTime, thanks a lot for following up here and letting us know what the issue was! It typically is best to head straight to your Stripe Dashboard( which can be accessed through Sales > Credit Card Payments on your account) to see the status is of your payments.

If you get stuck again then please do not hesitate to reach out to us here, by submitting a support ticket we will have direct access to all of your information and be equipped to help you resolve things asap! Thanks :smile: