Receipts App

EKAccountEKAccount Member Posts: 2

Hopefully, I am posting it in the right place.

Discontinuation of receipts application is a very strange decision. Receipts was indeed perhaps the most useful feature of Waveapps. As it is now, there is no way to reliably scan invoices, while on the go.

Consolidating receipts with expenses was not difficult, and in fact could have been automated.

Can we somehow bring this most useful feature back?

Comments

• pnewtonpnewton Member Posts: 1

This is the most moronic, anti-customer decision I've ever seen a company make. This was why I was using wave... to upload receipts and have the OCR help organize/categorize. Sadly, it looks like I'll be looking for a different app now. I'd be interested to see if your consumer insights team did any research on this.

• JaredSJaredS Member Posts: 2

I also don't know where else to post this. Can't really understand this decision at all. Makes your software completely unusable and years backwards ...

• EKAccountEKAccount Member Posts: 2

My suspicion is that WaveApps owner H&R Block is trying to kill it, perhaps they decided it is not good for them to offer free service that was better than many paid for offerings.

• raysearcher123raysearcher123 Member Posts: 3

@EKAccount said:
    My suspicion is that WaveApps owner H&R Block is trying to kill it, perhaps they decided it is not good for them to offer free service that was better than many paid for offerings.

AGREED +1
    This is suicide.

• marcphillipsmarcphillips Member Posts: 1

Couldn't agree more with this thread. I have a pile of receipts to bring into Wave today and it's going to take a long time with this new method, which is really just manually entering everything. I've been using Wave for 10 years. They've improved so many features recently that I'd hate to leave it over this one misstep — but I think I'll have to. At least offer receipt tracking as a paid feature!