Split Transaction with Minus Amount Deduction

StannerStanner Member Posts: 5

How can I enter a credit amount in an expense? Like a deduction/refund/discount. Doing a split transaction. $4626.63 is the total paid.
$3576.63 Base Exp +$1200.00 Housing -$150 HSA = $4626.63


  • KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

    Hey @Stanner !

    To enter a negative amount in a deposit transaction using a split transaction, you can use the Category Discounts and Fees, and select an Income account which you have created, e.g. HSA. This will change the value of the split to negative, and credit the income account :smile:

  • StannerStanner Member Posts: 5

    Ok, thanks. I'll try this.

Sign In or Register to comment.